Latest COVID-19 updates
Updated 12 August 2020
As we move through the COVID-19 alert levels we’ve made some important changes in our clinic to maximise protection for you, and for our staff. We want to ensure your safety, and that of everyone around you.
Our close team will work with you to ensure your treatment is well managed throughout your treatment. The majority of the precautionary measures we introduced have been relaxed but we are conscious that they may need to be reintroduced if the country’s pandemic status changes. Essentially, we want you to know that we will continue to provide the same service whatever Alert Level we are at. It may however look a little different to what we have provided previously. What won’t change is our personalised care.
Speak with our Fertility Nurse
To get started with fertility treatment, here’s what you can do:
- If you would like to make a new patient appointment or have any questions please email the nursing team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to speak with a Fertility Specialist, please email the nursing team so they can arrange a telephone consult for you at email@example.com
- Knowing that this is an anxious time, Genea Oxford's Counsellor is also available for Skype and phone sessions. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you come into the clinic, please download and read this information sheet.
All treatments and services are available
We are able to continue all treatment cycles, and fertility services under Level 2. Although the changes under Alert Level 2 are minimal we are mindful of the potential of reverting back to Level 3 or 4:
- We will support the ability to have your appointments carried out over phone or video to minimise the risk to you and our staff in face to face contacts
- If the NZ Government reverts to Level 4 again and you have not had your trigger injection your cycle would be cancelled, and you would lose the cost of the medications already used in the cycle but not incur a cancellation fee
- If we return to Level 4 and you have had your trigger injection we would continue to egg collection but freeze any embryos
- If you become unwell during a frozen embryo transfer (cryo) cycle, your cycle will be cancelled. If we return to Level 4 your cycle will be cancelled unless the embryo has already been thawed. In both instances you would lose the cost of the medication used in the cycle but would not incur a cancellation fee
Download info sheet
Still exploring your options?
If you’ve been struggling to get pregnant and you were thinking about asking for help before COVID-19 hit, then a chat with our Fertility Nurse
about your situation is the perfect place to start.